Monday, April 13, 2015

Bus Tours of Ireland



For St. Patrick's Day, I went to Dublin, Ireland, which you can read about in this post. Then, I went again at the end of the March (post to come later). However, on both trips I took a bus tour to discover the famous places outside of Dublin. I took a couple notes and wanted to give you guys my two cents on the topic.

First, here are a couple of bus tour services I noted while traveling. I chose Paddywagon Tours for my experiences. It is on the cheaper side of the service but I liked it. I think these might be more expensive than Paddywagon, but I honestly haven't researched them. Here you go:

Galway Bay Executive Travel
Irish day tours
Cie tours 
White tours

Second, I have laid out the Pros and Cons of using a Bus Tour in Ireland.



Pros of Bus Tours

You can sleep on it in between sites
You get random facts from the tour guide that you wouldn't have known just driving around by yourself
You can drink at every stop
Most bus services include tickets to the different sites


Cons of Bus Tours

Let's be real, there are idiotic people on the tours and they do get annoying
There is little leg room because they cram so many people into each bus
You don't get to control how long you stay at each stop


Pros of Driving Your Own Car

You can pick and choose where to go
You get the experience of driving on the left side of the road
You can stop the car whenever and for however long you like
Disney Sing-a-longs all day long and no one to judge you 
You get the experience of driving on the left side of the road



Cons of Driving Your Own Car

You get the experience of driving on the left side of the road
Very dangerous roads (I'm not kidding. Most of these only have enough room for one car on a road, but they allow cars from both directions on them!)
Won't know what you are looking at without a little research

Well, there are my opinions. If you guys have any other questions, please feel free to ask! Have a great day!

Image Map


You may also be interested in:

How To Use Google Maps to Plan Trips By Happiness And Heather
How To Use Google Maps to Plan Trips
Tips for Dublin, Ireland: St. Patrick's Day by Happiness and Heather
Tips for Dublin, Ireland: St. Patrick's Day
European Hostel vs Hotel By Happiness And Heather
European Hostel vs Hotel
Northern Ireland By Happiness And Heather
Northern Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...